World Happiness Report 2018 Results23rd March 2018 - 118 days ago
For insights about happiness, including thoughts from movers and shakers such as Richard Branson, Ruby Wax and Olivier Oullier, read our latest CSA Speaker Bulletin, the Ideas Generator for Business Leaders.
On March 14th the World Happiness Report 2018 was released. Jeffrey D. Sachs is one of the editors of the report, which ranks nations for their happiness ratings. Jeffrey is a world-renowned professor of economics, leader in sustainable development, senior UN advisor and bestselling author.
The report declared that Finland is top of the world for happiness, closely followed by Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Switzerland and the Netherlands.
Nordic countries take four out of the five top spots, and are well known to be stable, safe and socially progressive. There is very little corruption, and the police and politicians are trusted.
But some of the world’s richest nations, including the US and Japan, are found much further down the list. The disparity between wealth and happiness has caused policymakers to broaden their scope and look for other indicators to assess the health of nations, rather than just measuring economic success through GDP.
And it cites six significant factors which contribute to happiness; GDP per capita, social support, life expectancy, freedom to make life choices, generosity and corruption levels.
Read the results of the report here.
go back to newspage
- Joschka Fischer delivered excellence itself. Our top corporate investors were totally won over.
- Klaus Schweinsberg's message was perfect for our management meeting in Germany, totally engaging.
- Our group meeting loved Sahar Hashemi, she was totally engaging, inspiring us all with her great story.
- Don Strickland had excellent content in his speech and gave us some great examples to follow.
- José María Figueres has an excellent presence and quality, he had great interaction with the audience.
- Daniel Sieberg was excellent. He tailored his speech perfectly to our youth audience - top quality.