World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 201817th January 2018 - 330 days ago
The 48th World Economic Forum Annual Meeting is taking place this week in Davos. This year’s programme, initiatives and projects of the meeting are focused on Creating a Shared Future in a Fractured World. The programme’s depth and breadth, along with the crème de la crème of today’s top minds, make it a true summit of summits. We highlight just a few of them below:
Professor Joseph Stiglitz, Nobel Prize Winner for Economics will be in the following sessions:
23rd – Towards Better Capitalism at 16:00
25th – Can Global Tax Avoidance be Stopped? at 14:00
Professor Yuval Noah Harari, historian, philosopher and best-selling author will be in the following sessions:
24th - Putting Jobs Out of Work at 10:00 and Will the Future be Human? at 14:00
Erik Brynjolfsson, a leading authority on the economics of IT, will be in the following sessions:
24th - How Can We Fix our Productivity Crisis? at 13:30
25th - Agile Governance in the 4th Industrial Revolution at 17:00
Christiana Figueres, former Executive Secretary of the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change, will be in the following sessions:
25th – Climate’s Two Degrees of Separation at 17:30
26th – The Power of Faith at 14:00
Lynda Gratton is a strategic influential thinker and a Professor of Management Practice at LBS. She will be in the following session:
26th – Secrets to a Long and Happy Life at 11:30
go back to newspage
- Joschka Fischer delivered excellence itself. Our top corporate investors were totally won over.
- Klaus Schweinsberg's message was perfect for our management meeting in Germany, totally engaging.
- Our group meeting loved Sahar Hashemi, she was totally engaging, inspiring us all with her great story.
- Don Strickland had excellent content in his speech and gave us some great examples to follow.
- José María Figueres has an excellent presence and quality, he had great interaction with the audience.
- Daniel Sieberg was excellent. He tailored his speech perfectly to our youth audience - top quality.