Canada and the EU Sign Historic Free Trade Deal1st November 2016 - 351 days ago
Pictured below is Jean-Claude Juncker, EU Commission President, with Justin Trudeau, Canadian Prime Minister, with Donald Tusk, President of the European Council and Slovak PM Robert Fico, signing the historic Trade Agreement between the EU and Canada. This took seven years and helps demonstrate the determination to achieve growth through trade, no matter what the hurdles. Trade provides new market opportunities for firms, stronger productivity, and innovation through competition.
Global trade being the key to prosperity and growth, we feature here just some of the leading figures who can share their expertise and knowledge in this area. Two former WTO Director Generals, namely Supachai Panitchpakdi and Pascal Lamy, have always been vocal proponents of global trade and the amazing impact of growth benefits it brings.
Former Director General of WTO & Former Secretary-General of UNCTAD
Viviane Reding MEP, is an outstanding commentator on the strategic impact of new technologies to promote trade growth and is a member of INTA, the EU Committee on International Trade. Hernando de Soto is an authority on Western and Third World Economies and implements capital formation programmes aimed at strengthening the economy in the region. Joseph Stiglitz, Nobel Prize for Economics recipient and global management guru, explores how markets are influenced and how performance can be improved through long term growth strategies.
These are just some of the globally renowned names who can share with you the powerful economic picture which demonstrates that no country can develop successfully in modern times without harnessing economic openness—to international trade, investment, and the movement of people. They can all demonstrate in their own fields the true meaning of growth through trade.
go back to newspage
- Joschka Fischer delivered excellence itself. Our top corporate investors were totally won over.
- Klaus Schweinsberg's message was perfect for our management meeting in Germany, totally engaging.
- Our group meeting loved Sahar Hashemi, she was totally engaging, inspiring us all with her great story.
- Don Strickland had excellent content in his speech and gave us some great examples to follow.
- José María Figueres has an excellent presence and quality, he had great interaction with the audience.
- Daniel Sieberg was excellent. He tailored his speech perfectly to our youth audience - top quality.