Bertrand Piccard Achieves World First26th July 2016 - 242 days ago
On 26th July as Bertrand Piccard landed his plane at Abu Dhabi world history was truly written. Bertrand had completed the first round the world flight in a solar airplane. This adventure started 13 years ago when the Solar Impulse team came together to prove that flying 40,000km around the world without fuel was possible.
They had a vision of using renewable energies, clean techs and solar energy to fly around the world, protecting the environment and achieving this seemingly impossible goal.
Record Breaking Round the World Balloonist, President & Initiator of the Solar Impulse Project
The Solar Impulse plane faced problems and setbacks they couldn’t possibly have foreseen but the problems were overcome and their goal has finally been reached.
Bertrand has been breaking records for years as a balloonist and is greatly experienced in cross cultural teamwork, communication and motivation and this game-changing achievement only enhances his credentials for business audiences around the world.
Read Bertrand’s tweets here and his Solar Impulse blog here.
go back to newspage
- Joschka Fischer delivered excellence itself. Our top corporate investors were totally won over.
- Klaus Schweinsberg's message was perfect for our management meeting in Germany, totally engaging.
- Our group meeting loved Sahar Hashemi, she was totally engaging, inspiring us all with her great story.
- Don Strickland had excellent content in his speech and gave us some great examples to follow.
- José María Figueres has an excellent presence and quality, he had great interaction with the audience.
- Daniel Sieberg was excellent. He tailored his speech perfectly to our youth audience - top quality.